Inquiry into UK Government’s handling of the Coronavirus Crisis begins
Posted on: July 14, 2020
Inquiry into UK Government’s handling of the Coronavirus Crisis begins.
Individuals affected by Coronavirus are now able to provide evidence to the All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG). To date, it is the only independent inquiry into the UK Government’s handling of the crisis. It’s findings are intended to inform the Government’s response in the event of a second peak.
The APPG is led by a cross-party group of MPs. It’s chair is Liberal Democrat MP, Layla Moran. The campaign group March for Change acts as the group’s secretariat.
The APPG’s stated aim is “to ensure that lessons are learned from the UK’s handling of the coronavirus outbreak so that the UK’s response and preparedness may be improved in the future”. The APPG is calling for evidence from the following categories of individuals,
- Coronavirus survivor with continuing health problems
- A bereaved family member/friend concerned about the circumstances of someone’s passing
- Person suffering from physical/mental health problems due to lockdown
- Front-line NHS/ care/ key worker concerned about safety for yourself or people in your care
- Person responsible for local community response to coronavirus
- A company associated with coronavirus-related procurement
- Scientist/ public health expert/ other relevant expert
- Person working in government response to coronavirus
- Person working in business involved in coronavirus response
- Any other person providing critical information to assist our enquiry
For further information please visit APPG Coronavirus March for Change
UPPAL TAYLOR SOLICITORS are specialist civil litigation, public inquiry and child abuse compensation solicitors. If you wish to speak with a solicitor in the strictest of confidence please call 0115 982 0770 or complete our confidential online Inquiry form which can be found HERE